Saturday, August 1, 2009

Walking tour of Paris

Well this one is for Elisa. I took a VERY long walk through Paris to enjoy the sites, but mostly to go to the Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral. I don't know how far it was, but it must have been like 3 miles each way. Then I hiked to the top of the south tower of Notre Dame. Finally, I ate dinner at a restaurant overlooking Notre Dame. Wish Elisa were there for that.

Here I am in front of the Louvre.

And Notre Dame.

On the walkway between the towers of Notre Dame.

Looking down to the river from the top of the south tower of Notre Dame.

The gargoyles...

The dome of the north tower of Notre Dame.

No explanation needed... You can almost imagine Quasimodo, from Victor Hugo's novel, swinging from the gargoyles up there.

The entrance to the Louvre

Me in the plaza front of the Louvre.

Through the Arc de Triumphe (the mini one) in front of the Louvre.



South wing of the Louvre.








1 comment:

Marsha Johnson said...

Paris is amazing. Thanks for your full description. It makes me want to go there too.